One Hand On My Joystick

Young, hung, and sporting a lightgun: one gay boy's look into the world of debauchery and geekery.

Friday, September 29, 2006

The Only Women I've Ever Loved

Sometimes they make me choose And they are jerks for it.
About every 5 months, a Gamespotaffiliate entitled GameFAQs does a poll (among their many others) entitle BEST. CHACRACTER. EVER. in the world of videogames. And it always ends with very undiffering results. It's either Sephiroth, Cloud, Chrono, or Link in the winner's circle. And this time, they are trying to avoid that by plotting them against eachother right at the get go. So far, though, the characters have been all SquareEnix characters, of which there are many lovable characters, but they all are fanboys dreams. And they made me choose. Between two of the greatest ladies in my life.
Aeris "Aerith" Gainsborough of FFVII and Princess Nadia "Marle" Guardia of Chrono Trigger.
This is a hard choice for me.
Now, I love LOVE Final Fantasy VII, but Chrono Trigger was like my first RPG experience (other than Super Mario RPG).
And once EVERY year, I dust off my Super Nintendo and play Chrono Trigger. I've done that for the last 11 years. And Marle DID teach me the joys of bisexuality, the dyke that she was.
Still, I own 2 copies of FFVII. And I love playing that. And Aeris's death was perhaps the turning point in what games meant to me in my life. And I know lots of gamers with cats named "Aeris." (Or Aerith depending how much of a n00b j00 are). And she also taught me that you should hate the playa, you should hate the game (oh Zack and Cloud)....that is until your untimely death at the hands of a one-winged angel.
Who did I choose? Who won my vote? Which lady has my blessing to go further? Will I ever disarm that bomb in time?
Well, you're not supposed to talk about who you voted for, are you?
Yet, today it was Squall (of FFVIII) vs. Titus (of FFX). And I will tell you who I voted for there.
Neither. They both suck equally as much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker