One Hand On My Joystick

Young, hung, and sporting a lightgun: one gay boy's look into the world of debauchery and geekery.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Wii The People

If you haven't heard, the >Wii has set a release date and a price. These facts are very unsurprising: the Wii will release on November 19, 2006 at a price of $249.99 (25000 yen in Japan). Reactions have been felt worldwide to this news. Screams of joy could be heard from several basements.
And moans of dispair were heard from the offices of Sony Inc.

Oh Sony. Where did you go wrong? Oh, I know. It's when you decided that you'd conciously make your target audience only minorities. Seriously, when the PSP was first released, the only people I saw playing it were latinos and blacks. (Not that that's a bad thing....please don't beat me up 50 Cent....)
The most depressing news that almost feels as a slap in the face, though, is the news that in Japan the PS3 will cost almost $100 less than in the US. This is their only tactic against the Wii in Japan (Nintendo is impossible to beat there....how do yo think they stay in business...also XBox sels like crap there). You're sinking awfully low Sony. AWFULLY low.

Speaking of sinking to unlawful lows, I'm playing yet another semi-hard game to find on my DS called Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. Yes, it's just as it sounds. A game about being a lawyer. Who'd have thought, though, that it would be fun. Which it is. In buckets. There's nothing I like more than having people stare at me on the subway as I yell "OBJECTION" at my DS. This is one game that, if you find it, you should pick up and play. It's a little difficult sometimes, though. The logic behind some of the trial objections can be hard to decipher, but it's still a VERY well told story. With gays and jiggly breasts and fat anime perverts! It's a game that speaks to everyone. Phoenix Wright

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker