One Hand On My Joystick

Young, hung, and sporting a lightgun: one gay boy's look into the world of debauchery and geekery.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Cat's Cradle

I've been completely trapped in the 2-D world of Super Paper Mario. It's been such a joyous event, and then last night, I heard some news that crashed the party.

Kurt Vonneguit (1922-2007) died.
This is actually somewhat personal to me. A year ago, I was working at a cafe over by the United Nations, by where Kurt lived. He would come in a few times a week during the summer I worked there, buy a hot dog with his little dog at his heels, walk outside and smoke like crazy. I finally got the courage to talk to him, and we ended up talking about politics, life, and Iowa. I felt I learned a few things from him, other than the fact that he was a crazy old man who chain smoked too much.
I'd always wanted to meet him, and I'll never forget the days when I was a regular part of his life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker