One Hand On My Joystick

Young, hung, and sporting a lightgun: one gay boy's look into the world of debauchery and geekery.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

HEY! LISTEN!


The Mario Brother from another mother.



For those of you who don't know, I have a Wii now. I stood in line in the brisk November air for 10 hours in the middle of the night. And I loved it. The people were great. Link was there, Mario and Luigi, another Mario (I think it was an extra life from another game), and a Gregario. I played a LOT of Mario Kart DS with people, which, if you have lots of people to play it, it's amazing. I miss all my people, though.
Oh, and I found the Triforce.
Anyway, the Wii. It's amazing. I love everything about it. I'm PARTICULARLY fond of the Mii Channel they have. You get to create an avatar that can go to other people's consoles, which is cool. And mine ACTUALLY looks like a little toy version of me. Which is cool and creepy at the same time. I hope it doesn't steal my soul. Sometimes, I think it can HEAR me as well as it can track my movements. But the game I'm playing...it's....it's...


The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess


I'm about 6 hours into it. The beginning is really, really stunning, yet ambiguous and a tad restrictive. You're not allowed to leave the forest or your village to go into the entire world (which I hear is HUGE I hear) until a point I have yet to reach. Visually, it looks like it was made for the GameCube. The graphics could have used a LITTLE polish, but it still looks STUNNINGLY great. And when I see Link actually crack a smile, I melt. I love Link.
However, the most disappointing thing is that there is apparently a love interest this time around for Link. No more running around with the faries, no more Link and Zelda just being friends. It's sad, really. Then again, this girl DOES have a seemingly unhealthy obsession with Link's horse........

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

!!!! You stood in line without getting shot? You brave thing, you.

This is Julie, by the way. We haven't talked in forever! I am going to have a conversation with you via blog comment, because that's just how I roll (I can say that, because I mean it ironically, or something).

I'm going to be in a short film! One a KU student is doing. It's a horror movie, but I don't get to die on screen, which makes me sad.

I have no idea how much this thing will let me type, so that will be all for now. Hope you had a happy Turkey Day!

<3 Julie

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker