One Hand On My Joystick

Young, hung, and sporting a lightgun: one gay boy's look into the world of debauchery and geekery.

Friday, January 12, 2007

You Know A Hero Lies In You

"If you can read this, you haven't vaporized your moniter by squeezing lasers out of your squinted eyes..............try harder."

Oh Mariah.

Heroes. Everyone is talking about it. Everyone wants to be them. And I haven't watched it until 1/11/07, 10pm (eastern/standard). I've had it DV-R'ed for ever, and I finally got myself to watch it.
As a comic book geek, people often asked me, "Jake, are you watching Heroes?" After my negative affermation, they tend to look at me like they just might have laser eyes themselves.

I've had my reservations about the show. Superhero shows tend to not be very good 4 times out of 5. And frankly, I don't need a new show to be obsessed about, ala Buffy The Vampire Slayer. I don't need to pull out a piano and play the musical episode for you in it's entirety.
Verily, I love superheroes. I have such a love/obsession/fetish for them. But I'm VERY critical on them if they're no good.

HOWEVER, I watched the first 2 episodes of Heroes tonight, and it was so much better than I expected. And now I'm hooked. The rules they create for their universe are interesting enough, yet I'm not sure after 2 episodes I get it. With Hiro's space/time powers, the artist's ability to see into the future, and the one girl's other self in the mirror, I'm not sure what their limits are, and what they are doing with the rules of the universe. However, with Jeph Loeb on the team, only good things can come from the series, especially with such a wonderful start.
The show for me, however, causes slight depression. The show speaks to me in a sickeningly close way. The way I have always felt different from others. Even some...features...on me are odd and completely out of the ordinary. The scene of the one guy walking on air made me cry a bit. Flying, always a dream of mine. And yet, it probably will never happen.

Then again, stranger things have happened.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You simple must watch the new episode love, its most excellent ♥

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker